Friday, May 13, 2011

a little bit of drawing!

A short drawing lesson (would have loved to make it longer, but we had a special guest coming to teach our next lesson!).

I wanted to talk to students about how drawing is creating something using shapes and lines. I created two worksheets: one that showed different types of shapes and lines, and another that had 6 boxes with a small shape or line in each one.  They had to use other shapes and lines to finish each box into an image.  Whatever they were inspired to draw by what was in the box was fine.  It was great. They had a lot of fun! We shared some of our designs with the rest of the class.  Next, I talked about how I could use the same idea to draw an animal. Using a reference picture, I showed them how I could draw a couple shapes and connect them to draw what I saw. The kids then chose pictures from a pile I had printed out, and got to work drawing their image. They could use colored pencils to color them in.






No comments:

Post a Comment