Friday, November 26, 2010

"Its All Greek For Me!"


That is the slogan of the brand new, Greek, fast-casual restaurant in Allentown, PA: The Gyro Company

The restaurant is owned by a woman I worked for earlier this year (as a field trip instructor! Very fun, I'll have to write a post about it!), Deb, and her husband Chris.  She is amazing!! I've learned so much from her.  So I was absolutely delighted when she emailed me to ask for my artistic abilities to help her restaurant come alive.  I was asked to paint her walls: two murals--one of Zeus eating a Gyro, and one of Athena eating a Greek salad--and their company logo.  I sketched out some ideas, projected them, traced them, painted them, and 16ish hours later, she has a pretty awesome wall.  Go see for yourself! 




Zeus eating a Gyro
The Logo

Athena eating a Greek Salad
The Gyro Company <---Get more info about the restaurant, see their menu, or get directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment