Monday, January 3, 2011

Winter Camp Day 4



Thursday is Glaze Day!

Well, fortunately, the children that signed up for clay day (Only 2! Not used to such small groups!) also signed up for glaze day, so that I could see how their pieced turned out with a little color on them.  We spent the entire camp day painting our clay pieces using the special glaze the pottery store orders.  The glaze we use their is wonderful! It fires the way it says it will, comes in loads of colors, and it stays where you put it! I love that. I can't tell you how many clay pieces I made in school that didn't turn out the way I wanted because of the glaze.  That said, the girls had a blast painting their dry erase boards and their coil bowls. I think they will turn out lovely when fired!




No comments:

Post a Comment