Monday, January 3, 2011

Winter Camp Day 3

Wednesday = drawing and craft day



We started Wednesday by talking about self portraits.  I decided to repeat my lesson that I did back in October--Self Portraits--with a few changes.  We went through a similar process: practice, talk about the shapes and placements of our faces, good copy, transfer to vellum.  For a background, though, someone got rid of our big box of magazines, so I had to quickly come up with an alternative plan for our collage backgrounds.  I found some wonderful scrap-booking supplies, some sequins, some stickers, and construction paper. The girls (yes we had all girls for most of winter camp! The last day, we finally had a boy sign up!  I'm sure there will be more in summer!) went to town, creating backgrounds to reflect their personalities.  Most went with some initials or their name on some part of it, but some added extra details to make theirs special.  Here are some pictures:






After our break, we didn't have that much time for a big project. Luckily, we had lots of small things left over from summer camp...so I combined a few items, and we made heart magnets.  We used wooden hearts (a smaller heart glued to a larger heart), paint, and glitter paint. I hot glued the magnet on the back, and then we added a coat of Modpodge when it was dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment